October 28, 2011

Parking Break Bypass (DIY) with Relay

I had to install my second HU last week due to some unfortunate events, but noticed that in my original write-up I did not include how to set-up the parking break bypass. Hope this helps.

NOTE: use this FIY but please do not use this to play videos while driving.

For those who aren't familiar with these, they basically trick your stereo into thinking that your parking break is on, thus allowing you to unlock functionality such as watching video when you may otherwise not have the handbreak on.

Basically you need:

  • 12 Volt Relay (from your nearest auto store) [6 ft plenty]
  • 4 (+ 2 spare) female spade connectors
  • Heat-shrink electrical connectors

 


Basically just wire it as per my diagram below, and remember to test it out before bolting the stereo back in. GL.




My original post on JK-Forum can be found here: http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.php?201959-Parking-Break-Bypass-(DIY)-with-Relay

No comments:

Post a Comment