January 31, 2010

Rod Building 101 - Part 3: Wrapping the Hook Keeper

Ok so this section I have been having issues. (see my post: How To Hide tag end once cut?)

I have gotten to a point where I am somewhat please but I am attaching some photos of my progression because I have some questions.

First wrap, didn't get the tag end located well so that was a do-over


This second one was a little better but I ended up messing up a lot of wraps but scraping the metallic color off of the wrap when cutting of the tag end.





I ended up having to clean and re-wrap this, because you'll see some places where the wrap's blue color is either silver or black (thread damaged because I sanded the first coat of fishing too much), but at least I learned how to remove the whole thing and re-do it (may be helpful for repairs).





Finally this is my last wrap, I think it looks better but hesitant to put the finish on it. I do have the tag end sticking out a little but I think I should be able to sand it down or shave it with a razor blade after a thing first coating of finish.







No comments:

Post a Comment